11 December 2006

Nite Moto in Phnom Penh

So here is my ride home from work in Phnom Penh.

The first day I took the hotel's suggested Tuk Tuk driver and it cost 8000 whatzits,

On the way home I negotiated 3000, by the end of the week I would get the same trip home for for 1000-1500 whatzits.

A lesson learned was don't get a ride with any one that looks too excited with life... A crazy smile or a sparkle in the eyes means a hair-raising (or life threatening) ride home.

To work this video, click on the triangle in the bottom right. Depending on your internet connection it may start immediately or take upto a minute to start. If if starts and stops, then let it run through (painfully once) and then replay. It will play smoothly the second time.

This file was a test run, I will add more larger clips later.

Download is 3.1 MB, 13 s.

No comments: