23 December 2006

A Week in Cambodia, October 2006.

I am light on long sleeve shirts and so I headed off to the Central Plaza. Great place, teaming with people and merchandise. The stalls are closing up not long after I arrive but I buy a few more bits and bobs. What I did not realize is that they lock the gates and the stall holders sleep in for the night. Looks like I might be spending my first night in there too. Eventually I found a gap where the fence meets the overhang and was able to climb out to the amusement of the locals.

The Longest Meeting…
We had a workshop about arsenic today. The for the first 1:30 I was struggling to keep my eyes open as the Minister for Rural Development was speaking in Khmer only, and about every 10 minutes the overhead would change to be replaced by another overhead in Khmer. Things got better after the break when we showed some educational material. Try the video clip below about don’t drink from the red painted well pumps.

(Opps, When I find the video I will upload it!)

When traveling, you use a map so often it becomes part of the memorabilia, so here is my trusty map of Phnom Penh.


There won’t be many (any?) photos of the people we are helping, it is against policy to take photos in anyway compromises people’s integrity and it turns out easier just to not take photos.

No comments: