11 October 2006

Cambodia, 9 Oct 2006


Hi, Welcome to my blog.
You are invited to check this out whenever you want to know what I am up to.

Hopefully it will end up with movie clips and sound bites. Anyone wants to educate me on how to set up a decent blog is welcome to email me.

As you may know, I recently started as a WatSan guy with an international development and relief organisation, so now the fun begins...

My first posting is for assisting Cambodia with arsenic removal from groundwater. I felt very (self) inflated and important flying overseas with someone else giving me kit to play with water stuff which I would do for free anyway... so I took the "Al Gore" photo. (Recently I saw the “Inconvenient Truth” film by Al Gore which includes footage of him working on the plane.)


Flying into Phenom Phen, the land for miles around is not really sure if it wants to be the water or land. Reminds me of “Water World”. I have never been to these parts so I don’t know if this is a normal annual thing or have they had some flood. Later I learn this is normal.

That's all folks. Just starting my blog...
Johm riab lia (bye)
Kieran

There should be new postings going on quite regularly for a while now as it is all very new and exciting to me (the blogging that is!)


1 comment:

brthomas said...

Hey Kieran, its nice to see what you are up to these days. I'm still kayaking whenever possible, but not as much as in the past. Here is my blog, check it out and let me know what you think of it. If you want to do similar things on your blog I'll be happy to help you.
Bruce Thomas

BRT Insights - Whitewater Kayaking